My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

You are my sunshine...

This gal will keep us on our toes and knees that is for sure...but she is MY SUNSHINE!
Her big brother left sharpie markers on the table and she decided to use them for make-up.  Luckily it came off really easy and her face was the only thing she decided to draw on :)

Bath time!  One of her favorite times...

Today was a hard day for Miss Molly.  First, we spent a good portion of the morning waiting and waiting and waiting...first while getting her big sister's hair cut and then while in the ER with her Great Grandmother...she did really well but she IS TWO!  I decided to take them to Chick-fil-a for lunch after being in the ER with our Memmy.  I was ordering our food and I hear a fearful, hysterical cry...I look around quickly thinking Molly was hurt and there she was backing up under a table...trying to get away from the CHICK-FIL-A COW!  I quickly picked her up and told her that it wasn't going to bother her and she was fine and anything else I could tell her to calm her...the hostess who saw the whole thing went over and told the cow to stay far away from Molly...he quickly left and went to entertain outside.  From there on out, poor Molly couldn't even eat, she would calm down when he would stay outside but as soon as she saw him walk back inside, she would freak all over again.  I took her into the glassed in play area to get her calmed down and she just kept saying, "Chick-fil-a cow go outside"...it was so sad.  When he would come inside, she would sit down under the climbing platform in the corner and hold on to her sister or brother for dear life.  To say the least, she stayed in the play area the entire time...she still wanted to talk about him and she kept her eye on him the whole time...but she wanted NOTHING to do with him.  I haven't had a kid like that before....wow, totally surprised me! 

Tonight, John and I decided it was time to "cold turkey" take the paci away for good....she tries to steal it sometimes and asks for it and well, I just had to get up the nerve to do it...it's kind of sad to me...a right of passage or something but it shows she is growing up and I'm in denial!  We collected all the paci's and secretly cut the tips off.  Then we showed them to her, let her look at them and try them.  We discussed how they were broken and we needed to throw them in the trash but that if she would throw them away, we could have an ice cream party...she seemed cool with that and threw them away and we all had ice cream!  During our ice cream party we all sang, "go Molly, go Molly, bye bye pacis!"  She danced and sang too! Tonight when it was time to go to bed, we started by laying down and reading books, we did a puzzle, and sang some songs...she asked for the paci but we reminded her that it was in the trash because it was broken. I told her that her friend, E, didn't have a paci...and she answered, "E's paci's broken?" and I agreed and she said, "E's paci in trash?" and I agreed again...E has never had a paci but it made her feel better at the time. I put her in her crib...she cried and I turned out the lights.  I let her cry for like 20 minutes...she wasn't screaming but crying on and off.  She started crying for Emily which was hard for her big sister!  I went back in and took her out of the crib and we got in the bed again and snuggled and I asked her what song she wanted to sing.  She said, "Happy Birthday" which is one of her favorites.  I started singing and when I get to the part, "Happy Birthday to...." I usually let her fill in the blank...she usually says Daddy, or sissy, etc.  She sang, "Happy Birthday to Chick-fil-a Cow!"  I about cracked up but I thought it was just perfect and a perfect way to end our night....I put her back in her bed, she cried about 10 more minutes and fell asleep.  She is still asleep...let's see how the rest of the night goes!  Most of the time, at lest with my other two kids, it is mommy that has the hardest time...

No comments:

Post a Comment