My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Sunday, May 29, 2011

It's the little things...AND BIG THINGS....

This weekend was full of excitement and anticipation and joy!  Two things stick out in my mind...first and foremost...the most wonderful and joyous thing of all..

My son decided along with his Daddy that it was time and he was ready to walk down in front of big church today and profess his faith in Jesus Christ.  I can't tell you how much we have prayed about this and discussed with him...John has really lead him in the discussions and prayers.  I have done a "quiet time" with him going through a book about what it means to be a follower of Jesus Christ after you make that decision.  You know, over the past so many years, I have personally contemplated when a child is ready, what does one have to "know" to accept the gift of eternal life, and on and on and on...seriously, I have prayed numerous times for my children to know and understand and for them to have confidence and peace about their decision and for us too to have this peace.  He came to us in December and said that he wanted to ask Jesus into his heart.  John was so patient and steady in the way he approached this and prayed with him, talked with him on numerous occasions and asked questions.  I have been really proud of both husband and son.  We all decided that we would like to go through the book that I mentioned above for greater understanding on what it means to be a follower of Christ.  The name of the book is, "I'm a Christian now, what next."  Understandably, there are many theological debates about children coming to faith in Jesus and God has put me in the position as parent over these children and honestly, after praying and soul searching...all I'm doing is doing my best and doing what my "gut (the Holy Spirit)" is leading me to do in encouraging and leading John Daniel ....I do believe with all my heart that John Daniel is a believer and is now in the Book of Life...I believe in being saved by Grace, I believe that since John Daniel persisted in his questions  about salvation over many months, that he is ready and understands salvation...John Daniel (as John showed him with scripture) confessed with his mouth the Lord Jesus and believed in his heart that God raised him from the dead....I just can't doubt or argue with that...I just can't and it feels good to have prayed for this over many months...John Daniel decided today that he wanted to tell his family of believers and become a member of his church.  I know he doesn't understand everything but he certainly has the faith of a child and it is beautiful! 

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these. Matthew 19:14. Proud of my young man....



And the little thing....I was standing in the big exhibit hall at the Gaylord during our conference and decided to check into another grammar curriculum for my Emily...I picked up the 4th grade Daily Grams (the grade she will be in next year) and got so excited to see that a LOT of it she is doing or already knows...PRAISE GOD!  I have taught her something!  John asked if I got down on my knees right there and threw up my hands in joy (he knew how excited I would be about this) but I didn't ....I did share it with my girlfriends and him of course...it just felt good to know that I've had her home for a year now and we HAVE accomplished something and maybe she is just a little ahead in that area....we all need a little pick me up every now and then...even the smallest thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment