My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Best Daddy in the World

John is a wonderful Daddy!  People tell me this all the time and I guess I sometimes take it for granted.  I think the reason people tell me all the time is because it is so rare.  I think there are a lot of good men out there but I guess John just really enjoys being a father.  He is so involved and actually likes being with his kids.  I'm not sure what made him like this.  I know he believes that fatherhood is a very important job.  He loves the kids to pieces.  He doesn't mind doing for them or having them around.  When I sometimes ask, "do you mind taking (so and so with you)?", he always replies, "Ah No, they ARE my kids."  Two days ago, I worked for 8 hours which I do very rarely.  He had to be Mr. Mom all day for Molly, pick both kids up at school, get them fed, run a couple of errands, and take everyone to Soccer for J.D.'s last soccer game.  I got home at 6 pm.  One of his errands included bringing me something I needed from home to work.  He brought all the kids into the clinic to say hey to everyone.  When they left, I was practically pecked to death by several nurses asking me what makes him so special, and how on earth I got him to do all that all day long, and where did I find such a great man, and on and on and on.  It makes me proud and makes me thankful and I realize sometimes I do take it for granted.  Yesterday, after picking Emily up from school early due to a half day, he took the girls (Molly and Emily) to brickyard pizza and sat out on the patio to eat...what a sweet Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment