My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Friday, May 14, 2010

Veggie Co-op

I joined a veggie co-op this past month where you pay a lump sum and then once a week you get a delivery of fresh veggies from the organic farm.  You do not get to pick which veggies...its what they harvest that week.  They have all kinds...and luckily we like all veggies.  The farm is in Quincy and they were super nice, very customer friendly and in my opinion it is a good deal.  I paid $200 for 12 weeks of fresh organic vegetables.  My first pick-up was last week.  I got 5 huge squash, 1 zuchinni, 5 tomatoes, 2 heads of lettuce and 2 cucumbers.  So far we have loved it and I love knowing who grew my veggies.  The kids and I got a kick out of going to pick them up and being surprised at what we got.  Tomorrow is 2nd pick up.  YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment