My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Our Home

I haven't taken a picture of our home in awhile so after John mowed the yard the other day, I did.  There is something very comforting about having a home...one to come home to...one to work on...one to admire...one to keep you safe.  I really do love our home and I love how we (John) work so hard at taking pride in what we have.  One of my favorite things about my husband is that he likes things neat and straight and clean.  If they aren't, then he is over tired or too busy or is in a slump because for the most part...he likes things in a certain place...he's organized...he wants things just so and I take up the slack usually where he is lacking....its funny to me because I guess that's just the way our marriage works...

He for instance wants the yard mowed a certain way...I have no clue how to mow the grass.  He wants the hose wrapped up a certain way and I can't stand the sand toys all over the yard.  He wants the pinestraw put out a special way and I want mulch under the swings.  It goes on and on...for the most part we are a little Type A and like things straight. Now I am not perfect in anyway but my kids will tell you that certain things make me go crazy like shoes thown all about on the porch or in the garage or a backpack lying on the ground.  Its weird. Anyhow, because we have been spending a lot of time in the backyard due to the cute chickens....we have spent more time getting the backyard in order (laundry is a disaster due to this shift in attention by the way) but it has been nice.  We have new pinestraw, porch is nice and clean, a nice path in the back of the yard is underway, we have a new garden spot for potatoes and onions, new mulch, and order to the backyard!  We have a long ways to go because our grass had some problems and we have a drainage issue and we need trees cut down but its a work in progress and I love the progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment