My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Humor me!


The next couple of posts are going to be about chickens (surprise, surprise!), vegetables, food, and all the other things that are going on around this city farm!  I know, you are probably getting tired of me talking about my chickens and vegetables but we are having so much fun!  And I have taken pictures of everything so I am having fun sharing it all with you!  Above is the finished product.  It has a two roosts, a bordwalk, all the locks and latches in place, and hay now.  The chickens seem quite happy!  They peck around and eat bugs.  John has now taught them how to roost when they sleep (which is what chickens prefer) and how to come and go down the boardwalk to go into the enclosed part of the coop or out in the open air part of the coop.  The kids dug up a bunch of worms out of the flower bed yesterday and I have never seen such a funny sight.  Those chickens got so excited...they flew, and scampered, and fought over them...they chased each other and ran around.....They LOVE WORMS!  We have now also let them roam in the yard a bit...they don't wander far...they just walk around pecking at bugs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment