My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Friday, May 21, 2010

Nice people in the world

There are still some nice people in the world....

For the last two weeks, the County has been doing roadwork on our road...pretty much right in front of our house.  It was major road work and they have had all kinds of huge trucks and tractors and haulers out here....great entertainment for a little boy I must say.  One of the workers was very nice to tell us one day that they would be done shortly.  John has been building the chicken coop and working in the little garden a lot so he is constantly outside....the worker (lets call him James) wondered over to talk to John a couple of times...James is a young black man.  He was very nice and talkative.  He and John got into a discussion about chickens in which James had knowledge of...they talked gardening a couple of times....James came back a second time and told John he could clip the chicken's wing feathers a bit so they wouldn't fly out of the yard if we ever let them walk around...he had some water out of our hose for his water jug...He also talked to John about potatoes and growing vegetables.  The County workers really did do a nice job.  They informed us of what they were doing, cleaned up nicely, tried to stay off our grass, and moved their vehicles when we needed them to.  They seemed to take pride in their work.  I never saw them sitting around doing nothing.  A couple of days after they had finished, John was outside and James drove up in his own personal vehicle....he said, "I thought about you when I was at home depot so I bought you these potato, strawberry, asparagus, and onion starter kits that were on sale."  John was blown away and thought it was the nicest thing!  They are starter kits, planting ingredients and tools you need for planting the above vegetables.  John called me at work to tell me and it made my day...just to know that there are really nice people in the world that still do things just to be nice and because they want to....

I feel an "ata boy" letter coming on to his county supervisor...maybe I can get him a raise with my thank you note skills my mom taught me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment