My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Friday, May 14, 2010

My happy Day! Mother's Day 2010

Because I work some and John has on days and off days, and because the kids have stuff all the time, it is a rarity sometimes that we have multiple days with nothing to do in a row.  I planned these days around Mother's Day this year and told John I wanted to relax and do nothing for our 5 days.  Now the kids had school and a birthday party but John and I did not have to work, we didn't have to be anywhere specific etc.  John helped me keep my plan and for that I am grateful.  It was a great 5 days and we played games as a family, started our chicken coop, went to church, cooked as a family, stayed up late, watched movies, etc etc.  On Mother's Day Eve we went over to my parents' house and ate with them.  My brother made yummy sangria for me at my request!  On Sunday, we went to church as a family and then came home and enjoyed the best BBQ ever!  My husband is getting so good at smoking things on his new smoker!  The ribs were delicious!  We took a Mother's Day nap and all was well.  I also received the greatest gift.....a homemade DVD personal tribute to me with songs, family video, family pictures, and interviews with the kids and John about why I am special to them....I cried and cried and cried.  It was a wonderful relaxing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment