My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Monday, May 10, 2010

A phase

So now that John and I have decided to homeschool, we have started telling people....we have told a few people at church, a few at John's job, a few at my job, etc.  It is hilarious to hear the different responses we get.  Now John has found it amusing to tell people that he is building a chicken coop for the backyard.  Those are even funnier responses!  John said to me today after he told a fire fighter that we saw in Home Depot about our chicken coop in the works..."I love the way people look at me after you tell them we are homeschooling, growing a garden and getting chickens.....We are becoming weirder by the moment."  John mentioned it to my 88 year old grandfather the other day and my grandfather's response was..."Well John (looking kind of perplexed), I guess all of us have to go through phases like that!  I had chickens once too!"  I about fell off my chair laughing...my grandfather is not the type to discourage or talk negatively but he is so sweet in his responses....even when he thinks we are going through a phase!  It was so funny and sooooo my granddad!  It may indeed be a phase but isn't life an adventure and aren't we all so blessed to live in America where we still have choices and can be different and have different ideas and go through life's "phases!"  P.S.  We have checked with the City and the County and there are no ordinances against chickens outside the city limits in which we are.  Now the homeowners association doesn't know and I don't think we are going to ask permission, maybe just forgiveness if we get in trouble!  My brother said he would be my lawyer!  And we found out today that several other Killearn residents have chickens, pet pigeons, and other strange birds....and we have been told the "girls" don't make that much noise!  We are just calling it our "RABBIT" project....I mean rabbits are allowed right!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment