My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Sunday, May 30, 2010

End of the year!

I thought I would cry like a baby...but I didn't....that is at Emily's end of the year program.  Knowing that she wouldn't be a part of the CCS family next year has saddened me but I think I have become so excited about our new adventure that the little things that I will miss and do happen to be sad about...seem to have become less.  I will miss chapel!  I didn't even partake in the chapel but a couple of times but what those children did at chapel and what that teacher Mrs. Hughes led them in...well I can't recreate at home and I will miss it.  There is something about seeing and hearing 200 students recite the books of the Bible and Names of God in unison and recite The Romans Road to Salvation Verses in sign language that moves me and makes me worship.  I will truly miss this and I am truly sad that Emily will not have this next year.  Sure, we can memorize scripture as a family and I plan to do so and I feel confident that God will bless us and show us new and more incredible things when we follow his will.  I know Emily will miss the friends she made at CCS and I plan to really try to stay in touch with her special ones. She has had two awesome years! Her end of the year report at the parent/teacher conference was great!  She is one of the most well-behaved students and even got an award at the end of the year for never going onYellow or losing a "mark"...she was one of two students that kept this record all year long!  That makes a mommy and daddy proud.  Her class also published a book this year and we have had fun reading all the stories.  They had to take it from a very rough draft all the way to writing it on "publishing" paper to be bound and finally published.  It is a  wonderful keepsake.  Math will be our struggle (it has always been mine) so we will continue to work on Math throughout the summer.  Her tests showed in certain parts that she was reading at an 8th grade reading level which is amazing.  We love our sweet friends and teachers we have met at CCS but Mommy is glad that we all feel at peace about our new adventure and decisions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment